AVIC411.com

What a great forum! I have read several pages of posts and am very encouraged by the support of this group for this platform (more support than i see from pioneer, eh?)...

So i bought the radio (used/ 2months old) and plan to install it soon - i would like to get any advice i can...  To avoid the loop of:  install, take it out and run the connectors again, remove again and try...  [rolls eyes]

The Goal:

Mostly used for radio (a short commute) 80% of the time

Use my Lovely Bride's iPhone 4 to power DashCommand, nav, and music. (10%)

Use my iPod for some longer trips (10%)

My Plan:

I plan to bypass the PB switch (why do people use the switch - wouldn't you want that PB bypass function 'always on'?), buy the interface for the steering wheel controls (for my 2010 Lancer Ralliart), and purchase the OBD II WiFi interconnect. I will have my Lovely Bride get the apps and then...

I may keep her old phone and let her upgrade to 4s - just so can i just keep the phone in the console box/never touch it and keep full functionality via the radio is this possible?  (most people take their phones in/out each time - i won't...)

I would like to use my iPod also occasionally - i see that people run the connector to the glove box area or the center console....

I assume i would want to run the iPhone connector wire to the center console as well...

What else would you recommend?

Soon i will do the jailbreak/ APPRadio + software mod to delete the 'warning' messages...  and hope someone cracks the code to just store music on the SD card...  (why O why didn't Pioneer include this funcitonality -it would not cost anything...  [shrugs]

Thanks!