AVIC411.com

Changing Splash Screens on X950BH

I checked the links for splash screens and noted a lot of the posters have no idea hos to do a quick resize and also how to load them. I also noticed the posts are fairly old so since I now have my 950BH humming right along I though I list how I did mine. The moderators can move/delete this if they wish I suppose.

Using WIndows XP or later:

1. Get any sized JPG type of file. You can grab pictures from the internet, move movie captures or pictures you take. Save it some place easy to access.

2. Right click the file and select "edit".

3. When picture opens in Paint or other software, select Attributes or Properties from the top menu and look at the numbers for resolution. Make sure that "pixels" is selected for Units.

4. Note the Width and also the height. Width is always figured first with PCs. The values might be something like: 1250 x 980 pixels.

5. The max screen size on mine is 500 x 480 pixels so I had to resize the pictures using the menu item "Stretch/Skew".

6. Figure the Horizontal % reduction as 500/1250 or 40% and do the same for Vertical as 480/980 or 48% (rounded down).

7. Input these percentages and then click "Ok" and then select "Save As" on the menu and give the file a short name such as JohnCar.jpg.

8 When done copy to a SD card with the main sub directory as \Pictures\ then insert them into the X950BH as per user manual. It really does work but on mine only from a SD card, no CD or DVD.