AVIC411.com

New X950bh - What else?

Whats up bro's?!

I recently just purchased a brand new Pioneer AVIC-X950BH for $550. It wont come in the mail until mid week. I will be using an iPhone 5 and I noticed there is some add ons I need but I am not sure what. Can someone give me the run down on what exactly else i'll be needing?

Right now I have the AVIC F700BT so that'll be swapped out. I use a REGULAR iPod for all my music so the iPhone wont be used much but here and there. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I play my MP3s and videos from a USB thumb drive and found that the X950BH USB cable that was included would not read them. I had to buy one of the "Pioneer USB combo" cables that has the 90 degee connection at the head unit end and then the unit would read the USB drive. The other end has a USB connector and the mini jack connection. I paid $600 for mine at a local shop in southern CA.

Mine was $650 after tax and shipping on eBay the week after it came out. If you use a regular iPod (hoping it is not a lightning enabled iPod), I would suspect the included USB cable with an Apple 30pin usb cable will be fine as I occasionally direct connect my 6 Gen Nano this way. You can use the iPhone 5 with bluetooth for its audio if you desire, but if you want Appradio and the built in Aha and Pandora to work, you will need to buy the iPhone 5 HDMI connection kit  and an upcoming firmware update. If you dont care about Appradio, and are fine with just Pandora and Aha, the iPhone 30 pin to lightning adapter will do that with the original firmware.

I too came from a heavily modded F700BT to the X950BH, despite the hiccups of the initial firmware, and inability to hack it (currently) I love it. Much faster response, bootup, and features.

Yeah I paid 550 total including shipping. It's a brand new unit. The guy I bought it off of owned a shop in NJ that was hit badly by Hurricane Sandy & he had ordered a good 5-6 for his store and Pioneer would not cancel the order for some reason.

I plan on using a regular old iPod (non-lightning cable) for my music so would the iPod connection be already inside the box along with the mic & GPS? For my F700 it came with the iPod connect, gps & mic.

I do wanna use the iPhone 5 so what exactly will I need? So I don't have to install, take it apart then re-install with the iPhone connects...

Thank you VB, any chance you guys can tell me what exactly ill need for the iPhone and if its something I need to get online or can pick up at a local apple store or best buy? Firmware update I assume can be purchased off the Pioneer website.

peace_noel - I got lucky from someone else's misfortune, someone on eBay was selling a few because he lost his store in NJ due to last years Hurricane Sandy so he had to get rid of them since Pioneer wouldn't take them back. You can still get the X950BH on eBay for around 6-700 though I think.

I see. I guess I have to wait for it then. No money now. Hehe.

peace_noel - I got lucky from someone else's misfortune, someone on eBay was selling a few because he lost his store in NJ due to last years Hurricane Sandy so he had to get rid of them since Pioneer wouldn't take them back. You can still get the X950BH on eBay for around 6-700 though I think.