AVIC411.com

Hi All,

Firstly I apologise for the numberous questions I am about to ask and the help I require.

I have an SPH-DA100 App radio on order which I will receive later in the week. I was unsure if this was the right stereo for me as i have an Iphone 5, but I understand that a firmware update has solved most of the compatibilty issues. Also from reading through this site am i correct in saying that I dont require the offical Pioneer cable CD-IH202, but I can use the original cable and connect a HDMI & Lighting USB via the Apple AV adaptor ? On the  basis that the above is correct, I decided to proceed with the purchase of the unit.

What I have since come across after viewing many utube videos is the ability to use a programme app Radio extensions created by Mike from this site that allows greater functionality from the apps on your iphone. It was thanks to one of these videos that I found this site in the first place

I have a little knowledge on technology but I have never jailbroken my iphones (3G / 4 and now on a 5). I am curently running version 6.0.2 on my iphone 5 if I jailbreak the phone can I run the programme Radio App extensions ?

Is there a how to guide on the site to show the jailbreak steps and how to get the programme on my phone ? Or could anyone note the steps i need to follow ?

Again sorry for all the questons but the whole jailbreak / cydia etc is all new to me. I am in the UK if this makes any difference to anything.

Thanks you

Mike

You don't need the CD-IH202. Any HDMI, Apple Lightning, and Apple Digital AV adapter will work. Just be advised AppEx is not fully compatible with iOS6 and will offer very little benefit until it is supported so jailbreaking for that may not be worth it at this point. Just one word of caution, if you plan to jailbreak in the future do not upgrade your phone passed 6.1.2 Anyway if you do want to jailbreak the link you need is below. Follow the instructions.

http://evasi0n.com

Thank you for the information and link.

In which case it makes sense not to jailbreak initially until AppEx is fully compatible with iOS 6, which I presume is a work in progress ?

Why not update passed 6.1.2, is it becasue there is no jailbreak for this version available ?

Is the functionality with the SPH-DA100 & Iphone5 I will get without the jailbreak still a worthwhile stereo ? For example, will I be able to use my Nav Free or Apple maps via the headunit touchscreen ?

Without a jailbreak you still get full mirroring to the car. The only requirement is that you have some form of bypass to make the radio think the car is in park. You won't get touch control on unsupported apps however. For that you have to wait till someone makes an alternative to backgrounder, or finds another way to route the touch controls from the radio to the phone. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've installed my app radio da100 with the stock cable and have a hdmi and apple av adaptor set up plus lightning cable for charging.

I cant get the app radio application to launch, and looking at various threads I believe its because I need to change my connection setting on the radio from "other" to "AV digital". However the menu will not allow me to change the setting.... The message advises to disconnect device, turn off Bluetooth on device, and select source to "off".

I have disconnect my phone and turned the Bluetooth off on my phone, but still having no joy. The only other thing is the "source" option to OFF, but I cannot find a source menu within the radio settings..Can anyone help please ..?

Hi guys

I've installed my app radio da100 with the stock cable and have a hdmi and apple av adaptor set up plus lightning cable for charging.

I cant get the app radio application to launch, and looking at various threads I believe its because I need to change my connection setting on the radio from "other" to "AV digital". However the menu will not allow me to change the setting.... The message advises to disconnect device, turn off Bluetooth on device, and select source to "off".

I have disconnect my phone and turned the Bluetooth off on my phone, but still having no joy. The only other thing is the "source" option to OFF, but I cannot find a source menu within the radio settings..Can anyone help please ..?

Forgot to mention, I have upgraded the firmware ( I believe successfully) to 8.30