AVIC411.com

Whats up guys, New member here, ive been searching and searching but i need to ask now..

Heres the deal, my z1 started acting up after boot up, it would get to the caution screen and "freeze", touch screen wouldnt respond to me pushing OK but i can see the map moving behind it and it plays a cd if you put one in and goes to the AV screen only letting me use VOL + - thats it.

I burned the update and put it in the unit and it started the update, it finished, the touch screen was working and everything, im thinking sweet!!!    WRONG!!!!

Starting my car later it boots up i go to hit OK and NOTHING!!  After multiple resets still nothing.

So i put it test mode, did the touch test (the one thats like cross hairs) and it follows my finger all over the screen. ok so the screen works...?

But if i try to calibrate it with stylus pen.. NOTHING..

Then i did the button test, all of them work perfect.

Rebooted the system, still cant hit OK.

So i decided to put the update disc back in, the unit leaves the NAV and goes to AV and says PC ROM DISC INSERTED.... WTF!???

I rebooted the system again, and did the force write platform, the system took it and "updated". i then rebooted and now it says something like no data or something after the unit boots, the update disc is still in the unit and it tries to update but gets to like 12 or 13 of 97 and says FAILED and reboots after the 4th or 5th time of it doing this i powered down and i NEED HELP!!!

Thanks!

FYI: durning all this bs i pulled it from my truck and have it on bench..

Also i cannot get it to do a level 4 reset...

Nobody has a clue huh? lol dam

Update: i can get to a level 4 update it just doesnt register me hitting reset, I go back to "Test mode" open "screen test" works great.... im lost... It worked fine other then locking up once in awhile before the update...

Is this thing a brick now?

Will a new hard drive fix it?