AVIC411.com

Time to upgrade my unit

So I have a z1 now with rear seat tv's installed In my headrest, I love being able to either use my nav or listen to music while the kids watch a movie in the back with thier headphones. My unit is old and it's been acting up lately so it's time to get a new head unit.

I have been reading up on the new in dash units but learned here the nav software sucks so I was thinking of app radio2 but it doesn't have DVD capabilities so that's probably out.

I been reading the new nav software on z150 isn't great so don't know if I'll be happy.

My set up

iPhone 4 , iPod, ipad,

2nd zone for rear seat passengers

JBL premium stock toyota speaker systems

Would like to use steering wheel controls but not a deal breaker if I can't,

I travel a ton and been using Navigon on my phone for GPS cause of z1 not working.

Love the idea of being able to use apps from my phone on the in dash screen.

Want good sound and navigation. As well as 2nd zone capabilities.

iPhone 4 is jailbroken, and my z1 is modded for full function while driving.

I thought about having an ipad mini installed in my dash. But don't know if I should go that route.

Which of the pioneer units would you think would fit my needs.

Thanks for any advice or help you can offer.

You could go with one of the AVH DVD units that has app mode. Just about any of the iOS navi apps are far and away better then the navi software Pioneer is using right now. I recommend iGo Primo. You can even try the lite version for free and add features you want through in app purchases. There are other good free ones as well.