AVIC411.com

150BH iphone5 firmware update

From Pioneer's Facebook page:

To our customers awaiting the iPhone 5 related firmware for our 2013 In-dash DVD receiver and Navigation products:

We sincerely apologize for the delay. As you all are aware, the iPhone 5 has a native screen resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels. Pioneer AppRadio and AppRadio Mode products have a native screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. Therefore, each app must correctly resize when displayed on the Pioneer in-dash unit. 

Unfortunately, the current version of one of the most commonly used AppRadio compatible apps is not resizing correctly. This app developer has already made the necessary changes and submitted a new version of their app to the iTunes App Store. We have tested this new version and have confirmed that it is resizing correctly. To ensure the best user experience, Pioneer has made the decision to delay the release of the iPhone 5 related firmware until the new version of this app is available in the iTunes App Store. 

We anticipate and hope for this to be a short delay. Please check back for status updates. Thank you!

Well, dems da breaks!

That's what happens when you insist on being an early adopter... you wait on the rest of the world to catch up!

It sucks, but I have plenty of music options on my z150 at this point and worst case I can stream via BT (which I know isn't what any of us prefer to do) but hopefully Apple will move uncommonly fast on this app update and we won't have to wait much longer.

I wonder which app it is that we are waiting on.  Probably some random BS app that nobody uses.  :mrgreen:

exactly. i mean the thing has only been out like what... a month?  a little more.  you know that if they sent it out with the app being a problem that someone would complain about that too.  like was said the radio has a ton of options already.  better to put it out complete than to have to update it again in another month.  at least they are doing their due diligence to get it right the first time.