AVIC411.com

Look @ this cr@p!!! iPhone 5 Support

From Pioneer's Facebook page:

To our customers awaiting the iPhone 5 related firmware for our 2013 In-dash DVD receiver and Navigation products:

We sincerely apologize for the delay. As you all are aware, the iPhone 5 has a native screen resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels. Pioneer AppRadio and AppRadio Mode products have a native screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. Therefore, each app must correctly resize when displayed on the Pioneer in-dash unit. 

Unfortunately, the current version of one of the most commonly used AppRadio compatible apps is not resizing correctly. This app developer has already made the necessary changes and submitted a new version of their app to the iTunes App Store. We have tested this new version and have confirmed that it is resizing correctly. To ensure the best user experience, Pioneer has made the decision to delay the release of the iPhone 5 related firmware until the new version of this app is available in the iTunes App Store. 

We anticipate and hope for this to be a short delay. Please check back for status updates. Thank you!

WTF!!!!!  I purchased a $1,200 radio and I can't use my iPhone to play music!!  F the Bluetooth streaming.  I want to use the iPhone as they said I should be able to use it!!!!

You should be able to get away with using the Apple Lightning To 30 Pin Adapter on the iPhone cable that comes with the unit. It wont give you app mode or video but will allow you to do music until Pioneer gets it figured out. Once they release the firmware you can return the 30 pin adapter for the Apple Digital AV Adapter.

From Pioneer's Facebook page:

To our customers awaiting the iPhone 5 related firmware for our 2013 In-dash DVD receiver and Navigation products:

We sincerely apologize for the delay. As you all are aware, the iPhone 5 has a native screen resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels. Pioneer AppRadio and AppRadio Mode products have a native screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. Therefore, each app must correctly resize when displayed on the Pioneer in-dash unit. 

Unfortunately, the current version of one of the most commonly used AppRadio compatible apps is not resizing correctly. This app developer has already made the necessary changes and submitted a new version of their app to the iTunes App Store. We have tested this new version and have confirmed that it is resizing correctly. To ensure the best user experience, Pioneer has made the decision to delay the release of the iPhone 5 related firmware until the new version of this app is available in the iTunes App Store. 

We anticipate and hope for this to be a short delay. Please check back for status updates. Thank you!

WTF!!!!!  I purchased a $1,200 radio and I can't use my iPhone to play music!!  F the Bluetooth streaming.  I want to use the iPhone as they said I should be able to use it!!!!

So you bought a radio before it was compatable and are now bitching that it is delayed!  GET REAL!!!  It's a new phone and a new radio, things will be delayed.  Also if you paid $1,200 for the radio then the iphone problem is the least of your problems!!!!!!!!!!!

So you bought a radio before it was compatable and are now bitching that it is delayed!  GET REAL!!!  It's a new phone and a new radio, things will be delayed.  Also if you paid $1,200 for the radio then the iphone problem is the least of your problems!!!!!!!!!!!

Paid $670.  I didnt say i paid 1200.  MSRP is 1200 so its a 1200 radio.Phone has been out since November..  Not new anymore.  And when I bought the radio it states that it will work with a firmware update.  They didnt mention the firmware update isn't availible.  So you get real

Gotcha, still would like to know where he got it for $670.

He didn't... he's full of crap.  Which is why he never responded with proof.

Like I said, if he did, it was procured in some "less-than-legitimate" way because that's below dealer cost and unless he is a sponsored competitor (which, if he were, he wouldn't be on here complaining) then he's not buying a new release product at below dealer cost legitimately.

Sponsored competitor?  I love Pioneer units and have had nothing but.  You are being an idiot and i'm just saying how can they advertise that the unit works with the IPhone 5.  They didnt mention you have to WAIT for a firmware update.  You werent pissed off when they said you have to wait longer for the firmware?  I'm not the only one.  Everyone that "likes" them on Facebook was also pissed off.

Actually, you're the one who can't read, but you're calling me the idiot?  Sounds about right.  Yes, I knew, because I read the Pioneer website, that the iphone 5 would need a firmware update and no, I wasn't "pissed" when I had to wait an additional 24 hours for the update because I know that as an early adopter, that's exactly the kind of stuff I have to deal with.  

I said you were full of it about the price and I was right... I don't buy that you "got confused" about what you paid and what you sold your old unit for... unless, again, you are the idiot because most people can keep the prices of two units straight. It's two numbers man, it's not advanced calculus.  Not to mention, you still haven't told anybody where you bought it for that price, so you still haven't proven anything.

And yes, "Sponsored Competitor." Ever heard of that? There are plenty of them.  I might know a thing or two about that since I owned a shop and had dozens of them (Sponsored Competitor Agreements) as well as customers with them.

Just admit it, you were busted on your BS price and now you're trying to save face by calling a clearly more educated (on this matter) member an "idiot."  Classy.