AVIC411.com

Z130 Missing VR for navigation

My Z130 did not give me an option to navigate by voice. It only recognizes these 3 options:

Call <name><type>

Play or Browse the album <album>

Change source to <source name>

I try to say "I need directions", but it didn't recognize it. I can I add "find an address" with VR?

Thanks...

On a Z130 (version 3.x of nav app), yes. See p 183 of the manual.

However, if you've updated w/CNSD310-FM, no.

Thanks RonS,

I just updated the 2012 maps and it also updated the firmware from 3.001 to 4.001. Is there a way to get it back?

Well, it was clear from the beginning that CNSD-310FM would take away NAV VR. If you  backed-up /USER before updating your "real" Z130, it would be possible but dangerous. You'd be in a situation similar to -> http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36688-no-applicable-program-help/&do=findComment&comment=266583

Read the whole thread...it's not that long. But he was able to restore his unit (from a backup) to version 2 (Z120), then install CNSD210FM which updated everything (system, programs, data) to version 3.x (Z130).

Without a backup, it would be even trickier for you. If you plan to attempt this - BACKUP /USER to SD first. That way you've got a chance of repairing any damage that you do. 

I can't give you step-by step instructions. I've never done it.