AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 vs Eclipse ANV5500?

As far as I know, Eclipse doesnt offer bluetooth either. And the D3's colors can be changed to match your interior. Not sure of other differences, but Eclipse just didnt have all the features I wanted when I was shopping around initially, thats why im going with the d3. Not to mention, the D3 lists at 1k, but you can already get it from Crutchfield at 850.

As far as I know, Eclipse doesnt offer bluetooth either. And the D3's colors can be changed to match your interior. Not sure of other differences, but Eclipse just didnt have all the features I wanted when I was shopping around initially, thats why im going with the d3. Not to mention, the D3 lists at 1k, but you can already get it from Crutchfield at 850.

what other features does the d3 have that the avn5500 doesn't have?

I cant find the d3 on crutchfield. did they take it down? how can i order it for $850? i will probably take the d3 if it will be available within the month or so. if not i will just get the avn5500 because i really dont see how the d3 is "better".

So the break down is:

The D3 has ipod integration w/ video, bluetooth, xm radio / navtraffic, supports WMA playback, iTunes AAC playback, Divx playback, customizable buttons and interface, and can be had for 850 with full warranty. All which the avn5500 does not have.

The avn5500 has an adjustable 6.5" screen, dual disc drives, and costs around 1200 with full warranty or less without. But, is available now.

Those are the biggest differences I could find, otherwise theyre basically the same. To me, the most important being the ipod, bluetooth, and custom colors so its looks like it belongs in the cars interior. If anyone cares to add to the list, go ahead.