AVIC411.com

F700bt usb cable for ipod and thumb drive?

I am a new F700bt owner (got it free from a friend) I got it running fine and did the x3.1 update and it works like a champ I have one question about the usb cable and a iphone. I have the official pioneer cable hooked up to the rca's and usb cable off the deck. My iphone works fine and the music sounds good but my question is if I want to play music off a usb thumb drive how does that work? Can I use the pioneer ipod cable with only the rca's and still control the iphone then use the usb cable for the thumb drive?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to go off topic bro but how did you manage to update to 3?

what version did your unit come with? i am looking for the 3.0 firmware file but can't anywhere ;(

hmmm, maybe the hacks and mods section of the forum would be a good place to start searching on where to find information on hacks and mods...

screw it, i'll just spoon feed it...

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/27807-fx31-complete-firmware-image/

my question is if I want to play music off a usb thumb drive how does that work? Can I use the pioneer ipod cable with only the rca's and still control the iphone then use the usb cable for the thumb drive?

to play stuff from USB, you just need to unplug the ipod cables USB portion (leaving the RCAs plugged in) and then plug your flash drive in to the USB connector. this is why the USB portion of the pioneers ipod cable is so much shorter than the RCA part, so that you can run it somewhere where it is accessible.