AVIC411.com

Going Back To The 30-Pin

I currently have an X950BH used with an iPhone 5 which is jailbroken using AppEx.  Since AppRadio has been pretty frustrating at times, I wanted to see how the old setup worked on this head unit.  I took my old iPod Touch 4th Generation and hooked up the 30-pin cable to the USB connector on the CD-IH202 cable.  I then switched from Digital A/V to the 30-Pin setup in the head unit.  I was then able to see iPod as a SOURCE.  I could control it like the old days and actually see the track playing in the Nav screen when toggling between street names on the bottom but there was no audio at all.  Is this because it needs the CD-IU201N cable instead?  You wouldn't think it would make much of a difference since it's hooked up the same way but perhaps that accessory is wired just for the 30-pin audio?!?!  I'm not going to keep this setup as I'm sticking it out with the firmware updates for AppRadio but in case I wanted to go back to the old route, I just need to confirm if this cable change is necessary.  I hope not but I have a feeling it is.

*I normally have the setup with the iPhone 5 as follows:

CD-IH202 > USB to Lightning Cable > Digital A/V Adapter > iPhone5

along with

HDMI Out >  Digital A/V Adapter

*In the case of the iPod 4th Generation I had it plugged in as:

CD-IH202 > USB to 30-Pin > iPod 4th Generation

--Should the CD-IH202 be substituted with the CD-IU201N?

• 2 weeks later...

@Preroll

I have the same problem as you in regards to no audio from the iPod. I do have the CD-IH202 with the 

CD-IU51V wire for the ipod, but no luck. I just ordered the cd-IU201N wire to see if this will 

give me audio. This you get this problem resolved? your response will be highly appreciated.

@Preroll

I have the same problem as you in regards to no audio from the iPod. I do have the CD-IH202 with the 

CD-IU51V wire for the ipod, but no luck. I just ordered the cd-IU201N wire to see if this will 

give me audio. This you get this problem resolved? your response will be highly appreciated.

Yeah...let me know if this was the answer.  I may switch it out if I decide to give up on the AppRadio portion of the head unit.

Thanks.