AVIC411.com

installs into 99-02 silverado's

I installed a Avic-n2 in a 2002 silverado LT. As long as it has bucket seats and the center console this should work for anyone interested. I removed the center console, and the piece that connects the console to the dash (houses the tape deck and cd holder). I mounted the brain with velcro on top of the a/c vent that runs underneath that tape deck part of the console. There is plenty of clearance.

I also bought some single sticky sided foam from walmart that is designed to put along the bed rails of a truck when installing campertops. A layer of this stuff was put down on the a/c vent first to work as insulation for the brain, then I put velcro to that and mounted the brain on top of the insulation. There is also plenty of room under there to bundle up the extra slack in the cables and tuck them neatly away.

For the GPS reciever, I put the connector end down a hole in the a/c vent next to the windshield, and pulled it through to the radio-mounting area, and down to the brain. I pulled up all the slack and just left the reciever sitting there on the dash near the sensor for the auto-headlights. You dont have to glue it down or anything if you pull up the slack, it wont move around. The GPS gets great signal there.

This is mine: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/825435/2

I did it the cheap, but difficult way. I cut up and rebuilt my bezel as a double-DIN. To make it look more factory, I also lowered the climate control 4mm. My double DIN opening has exactly the same dimensions as the 03+ so I should be able to upgrade to a Z1, Z2, D3 or some other double-DIN HU without having to modify anything.