AVIC411.com

Phone TTS via bluetooth

Hello all,

I have an android smartphone, paired via bluetooth to the AVIC F930BT (upgraded to F940BT).

Phone calls, contacts, everything works good.

If I have an incoming phonecall, the music volume decreases automatically and I can use the bluetooth carkit to speak and listen to the person over the car speakers.

Android has the "Now" functionality and I can give voice commands and get spoken answers if I, for example, ask, what the height is of the Mount Everest, the phone gives me the answer in spoken text.

The voice commands are allready working via the bluetooth microphone, connected with the F940BT.

If I switch the headunit to bluetooth audio, the spoken text (TTS) from the phone is played over the car speakers. If I switch to radio or USB music, the spoken text comes via my phone speaker.

Is there some possibility, to get the TTS over the car speakers, even if I am listening to the car radio or USB music?

So, is it possible, that the music volume decreases a bit and the TTS voice will be played?

Best Regards

• 4 months later...

Hello bnwgraaf,

on my F930BT in combination with an Iphone5 it works with the app "BT mono", which is available for android, too (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bedoig.BTmono&hl=de). It roots the "spoken text" from A2DP-protocol to "hands free"-protocol internally. So every bt-audiostream is handled as an incoming call, as I have understood...

Tests with two other BT car radios have shown full functionality, but the switching time for example in a Ford audio system is rather long...

With our Pioneers even short messages are to hear nearly in realtime :D

I use BTmono with Blitzer.de (speed cam app) and it makes sense, really ;)