AVIC411.com

Appradio 3 (SPH-DA210) Phone and ipod isn't recognize

Okay I have never used appradio before but have been looking at it for some time. Well I pull the trigger and have Car Toys install it. After they get done I jump in my car to head home and start reading. I set there and try to hook my Samsung Note 2 in using the Samsung adapter the app logo would come up but with a bluetooth logo with a x next to it. I'm hooked up already making a call and listening to music through bluetooth so I know its working. So I go it to setting and see its set for iPhone. click but doesn't give me any options to go to android. So I unhook the phone turn off bluetooth like it ask and still no options. So head to the internet and see that there has been a few with the same problem. To fix it they unplug there HDMI and USB from the back of the unit and while it is unplugged go to settings and change it to "others". Also while I am looking I find that you can hook a ipod up through a CD-IU201N cable. I was told by car toys that you could not have both wired up at the same time but I knew that there was a way from videos and what I have read over the past weeks. So after work today I tuck my car back to car toy paid for the ipod cable and for them to install it told them what I read about unhooking the cables to let you change the settings. Once they were done I got back into the car looked to see if the setting were changed and they were not and I was still not able to get any options to come up. So then I plug my ipod in. It started charging but the icon never lights up on the radio and my ipod connection screen never pops up. Guys at Car Toys gave me its the first one we have installed and if you cant figure it out we can put you in touch with some of our reps. Really could use some help here.

ok went i gave it a try this morning still nothing so I grabbed a dvd an put it in and never get a image just the warning massage. So I have to call car toys and see if they wired in the parking brake because by the look of it it is not working. Ok the parking brake would explain the phone issue but not the ipod or would it?

ok ended up having a bad switch on the parking brake so bypassed it. Now everything is connecting  but the ipod still has a issue. I can control it go through my music but once I hit play it never moves off 0:00 now it doesnt locked up because I can still hit pause, jump to the next song or go back to the song list but it just never plays. Any ideals?