AVIC411.com

Just wondering which one you guys thought was overall the better unit? About to buy one of them and the price of either isn't an issue.

Do they both run apps the same way? Which has better quality hands free calling etc?

Can i play music videos from my iphone on either?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated,

Thanks!

The question is do you want the extra features and expandability of the X8500 or are you most interested in the appradio experience?

The X8500 and the appradio 3 (assuming you're getting the 210) both have DVD players, both have stereo bluetooth, both have touch screens, although the X8500 might not be capacitive. I did a google search and didn't find an answer. Both are fully appradio compatible with all compatible phones, also neither come with any cables, both are going to act the same in appradio apps, but the appradio 3 is 150 dollars cheaper. 

Now, the X8500 does have an SD card reader, two USB ports, so you can plug in more than one device in at once and you can plug in USB sticks full of movies and music, it has HD radio, is satellite radio ready with an adaptor, it has one more preout, so if you're using external amps, you can control 4 separate channels and a separate sub, it supports auto equalization based on your vehicle(no clue how well that works), it comes with a remote control, and finally for theft protection the display is removable. <-- that's a lot of extra features for 150 extra bucks. 

If those above extra features mean nothing to you save some money and get the appradio 3. Hell if you really want to save money, buy the 110 and ditch the disk drive. Who uses disks anyways? Diskless the difference of price is now 250 dollars. However, if you find the above features to be an awesome addition, and worth a 150-250 dollar price premium the X8500 is your radio. 

They probably are nearly the same hardware underneath as far as their back-end horsepower. However, that doesn't actually matter for the appradio experience. 100% of that is done from the phone. Your radio only shows the video feed and sends the touch inputs to the phone. Both will perform identically based on whatever hardware you're using for the appradio experience. 

Thanks for the help guys!

Might got for the appradio if Appmode is flawless.

Can the unit mirro a Iphone 5 stock or is that a hack that people are using to do that?

I'll mainly be using googlemaps for the gps and would like to play music at the same time, is that possible?

also is there an app that can play videos from the iphone?

Can the unit mirror a Iphone 5 stock or is that a hack that people are using to do that?

Stock, no hack required.

I'll mainly be using google maps for the gps and would like to play music at the same time, is that possible?

Yes. Start playback of music first though.

also is there an app that can play videos from the iphone?

Car Media Player, Youtube, Netflix or most any other video app. Car Media Player will allow control from the unit though.

Also look into the thread about app radio extensions. It does require a jailbroken i5 but opens the possibilities up quite a bit.

Hi, Thanks for all your help guys I've decided to go for the x8500bhs simply because i'm in Australia and with shipping the x8500 is only about $50 extra.

I just have a few final questions hopefully you can answer if you have the time.

What does the break bypass do & do I need one? Also could you reccomend a good brake bypass for this unit or are they all the same?

I have an Iphone 5 so im not really sure which cables i need to connect it fully. Is it any HDMI cable, Iphone 5 usb cable (one that came with the phone) & a lighting digital av adaptor? (this one: http://store.apple.c...dapter?fnode=45)

Im installing it in a 2003 Nissan 350Z mainly want to use it for bluetooth calling, playing music, using google maps & if possible having music videos playing. So if theres any other cables or addons you could recommend for this would be great.

I've read the thread on appradio extensions but i'm not exactly sure what it does. Does it just enable all apps to be touch responsive on the headunit?

Once again thank you for all of your help and taking the time out to answer my questrions.

Can't wait to buy my unit this Thursday!

I am considering one of these 2 units. I am really after simple true voice control for phone calls, music, etc. (I would be using an iPhone 5 and/or iPod. )

I tried looking at the Pioneer manuals, and I am hunting for a store that has these units set up to demo, but I'll ask these questions:

For Appradio 3 and x8500bhs:

While listening to music, can you just press and hold the home button and say "call Bob" and be calling Bob hands-free instantly?

While listening to music, can you just press and hold the home button and say "play playlist Rock" and instantly switch to that playlist?

Has anyone used Appradio 3 with Google maps for navigation on an iPhone? Can you manipulate Google maps in the usual fashion on the Appradio touchscreen?

Thanks

btw dannyz3343 just replyed to my question through PM, heres his response for anyone else wondering the same questions:
----
The brake bypass allows you to view anything you have on your 5 on the appradio screen. You can't control it without jailbreaking and installing appradio extensions, but you can watch netflix on the full monitor and hulu, and have google maps or apple maps on your screen. I have it and love it. 

The 5 only needs 3 things to work. An HDMI Cable, a usb cable to lightning cable, and the HDMI to lightning adaptor. Plug the lightning into the USB on the back, plug the HDMI into the HDMI and both of their other ends into the adaptor. Connect your iPhone 5 to the appradio using bluetooth and you're all set!

Do what I listed above and you'll be fine. 

Appradio extensions is a jailbreak tweak that allows full control of your iphone on the appradio even with unsupported applications. The only problem is that to use it you need a jailbroken iphone. Currently not possible on a new 5. 

I am considering one of these 2 units. I am really after simple true voice control for phone calls, music, etc. (I would be using an iPhone 5 and/or iPod. )

I tried looking at the Pioneer manuals, and I am hunting for a store that has these units set up to demo, but I'll ask these questions:

For Appradio 3 and x8500bhs:

While listening to music, can you just press and hold the home button and say "call Bob" and be calling Bob hands-free instantly?

While listening to music, can you just press and hold the home button and say "play playlist Rock" and instantly switch to that playlist?

Has anyone used Appradio 3 with Google maps for navigation on an iPhone? Can you manipulate Google maps in the usual fashion on the Appradio touchscreen?

Thanks

With the Appradio 3 Siri and google voice/google now commands can be done via the heady it by pressing and holding the home button. This includes commands requesting music.

I have an Appradio 2 that I use with google maps. You need a bypass to display on screen, and non jail broken you cannot control the map from the head unit. However once you enter your destination and turn the phone sideways, the map displays full screen and looks absolutely gorgeous. All voice prompts go through the lightning port without a problem. If you want to control google maps you will need to jailbreak your phone and install Appradio extensions.