AVIC411.com

z110 w/ 2012 maps-- Password required after battery disconnect

Moved my z110 to my wife's car today, unit sat powerless for about 2 weeks.

everything hooked up and upon power up the unit is requiring a password.

I have tried "passwordpassword" several times with no luck.  also tried putting in 16 1's, or 0's, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6, still no luck.

I purchased the 2010 upgrade before I knew about this site and tried the password from that but that didnt work either. 

also, I did the 2011 upgrade via this site too.

can anyone help?

leaving on a trip friday afternoon, would really like this to work.

Mike

as a side note I would like to mention I have the following connected.

XM receiver, iPod cable, BT Mic, Rear view cam, GPS, axxess aswc-1 (steering wheel control interface).  only thing new is the swc interface, everything else was installed and used flawlessly on my FJ Cruiser....

Assuming you are talking about the HU's security (anti-theft) password and not the upgrade installation password, use an SD with the proper testmode.key in the root of the SD. This will get you into TestMode. If you can do that, you are nearly home-free. Then get the security key and print it, or just move it so a password won't be needed.

HU security is what I was talking about.

Thanks to you I realized I didnt need a 16 letter password and voila, I have access again.  Will be storing that password so this doesnt happen again.

Or just clear out your existing security password - I think it is useless because any thief won't know about it. He'll still break a window, tear-up your dash, and steal the HU. And once finds out it is locked-out, a simple google search will tell him how to clear it. So, in the end, it is just an inconvienence - to you and the thief.

I used the security password when I first installed the HU. Then about a year later - had to replace the car battery and couldn't remember the PW (luckily I wrote it in the user's manual). Since that panic attack, I cleared the damn thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Or just clear out your existing security password - I think it is useless because any thief won't know about it. He'll still break a window, tear-up your dash, and steal the HU. And once finds out it is locked-out, a simple google search will tell him how to clear it. So, in the end, it is just an inconvienence - to you and the thief.

I used the security password when I first installed the HU. Then about a year later - had to replace the car battery and couldn't remember the PW (luckily I wrote it in the user's manual). Since that panic attack, I cleared the damn thing.

Yea that is likely going to happen in the near future to avoid further embarrassment.

If you have a Z150 (or one of the other x50 models:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37025-how-to-retrieve-your-avic-x850bts-forgotten-password/?hl=password.key

The Z110 - Z140 series is about the same process:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32929-x930bt-password-recovery/?hl=+password++delete

I also read that you can just clear the password on the Z110-Z140 by just deleting the file (but I'd make a backup just in case).

If you have a Z150 (or one of the other x50 models:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37025-how-to-retrieve-your-avic-x850bts-forgotten-password/?hl=password.key

The Z110 - Z140 series is about the same process:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32929-x930bt-password-recovery/?hl=+password++delete

I also read that you can just clear the password on the Z110-Z140 by just deleting the file (but I'd make a backup just in case).

Appreciate it Ron.