AVIC411.com

help me understand- bluetooth vs appradio mode

well obviously I know the difference between the technologies but I can not figure out how to properly use Pandora and the iPod function of my iPhone 5 on my Z150. When I first installed the AVIC I ran the software update and simply connected the phone with the USB to lightening cable, I saw the iPod and Pandora on the AVIC and could control the tracks but sound came from the phone, at one point the phone asked for playback on the phone or on the AVIC, I chose AVIC but the choice never came back again and sound kept coming through the phone. Since then I used the lightening to HDMI and have it hooked up that way. I hear Pandora thru the AVIC but no on screen controls, the iPod A/V source is not present. I have read the manual but I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. The AVIC is set to "iPhone" not Android.

Additionally, I can not figure out how appradio mode works at all, I start the app, go to Appradio mode, then nothing really comes up

well obviously I know the difference between the technologies but I can not figure out how to properly use Pandora and the iPod function of my iPhone 5 on my Z150. When I first installed the AVIC I ran the software update and simply connected the phone with the USB to lightening cable, I saw the iPod and Pandora on the AVIC and could control the tracks but sound came from the phone, at one point the phone asked for playback on the phone or on the AVIC, I chose AVIC but the choice never came back again and sound kept coming through the phone. Since then I used the lightening to HDMI and have it hooked up that way. I hear Pandora thru the AVIC but no on screen controls, the iPod A/V source is not present. I have read the manual but I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. The AVIC is set to "iPhone" not Android.

Additionally, I can not figure out how appradio mode works at all, I start the app, go to Appradio mode, then nothing really comes up

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...but AppRadio mode for the Android simply allows me to do from the head unit what I could do from the phone. If I want Pandora to work as I think you'd like for it to work, I simply plug the phone in without going to App mode. Unfortunately, Pandora stops playing through the head unit when the phone's screensaver comes on.

Me, I see no usefulness to App mode. For me, it'd be better if they could bluetooth Pandora and the phone's music player without extra cables. GM's OEM "Intellilnk" does the job quite nicely with Apple products. I understand that Android's "fragmented" ecosystem might be problematic because of the myriad drivers that'd be required.