AVIC411.com

I purchased a SPH-DA210/XNUC from AMAZON the other day along with METRA 70-1761 harness connector and the USB/30 pin connector cable.

I am installing it in an FJ Crusier.

I have connected all of the wires, and verified that they are correct.

The parking brake lead is also connected.

When I turn the key on, the unit makes noise (Disk Drive) and the 3 buttons on the right side and the Home button light up.

After that, the unit is unresponsive, including a blank screen.

If I hook my iphone up, it will connect via the cable and bluetooth, but still no display.

I have also hooked the unit directly to the battery, using the Black(-), Yellow(+) and Red(+) wires.

The unit still responds the same as above.

I need some suggestions on what to try next.

I appreciate your help.

Recieved my second unit yesterday.  It powered up so I installed it.  Great sound quality with the stock FJ Crusier speakers.  My iphone 4S connected.  I still have to use Bluetooth for the phone function even while the 30 pin adaptor is being used.  Its frustration that all the Pioneer Apps are not available to download even though they say they are.  So much for truth in advertising.  I guess advertising on the internet doesn't count. 

I don't mind paying for an app, but then to get oh if you want to actually make the app useful, that will be $24.99 put about another $20 if you want other options.

I see the app store shows that in app purchases are part of the app, and thats fine but FFS dont scam me out of money, if i dont want your app after trying it, or asking to make additional purchases to actually make use of the radio.

I Dont mind the radio using bluetooth in addition to the 30 pin adapter, because the BT auto connects, and if i dont feel like pluggin in my phone i can just lay it on the seat and still stream my music or podcasts etc.

I'm not sure how tech savvy you are or whatever but take a look into jailbreaking that phone if your not on iOS version 6.1.3, and remember jailbreaks are free, dont get scammed into paying for one. Just make sure you always save your .shsh blobs with tinyumbrella.

• 1 month later...

My unit from Amazon came defective. (had a strange horizontal flickering line at the top)

I ended up getting BestBuy to price match the Amazon price. (I had to really push hard and escalate up the management chain though)    I rushed it to my installer and got things going the same day.   The defective unit was returned to Amazon for a full refund. (they paid for shipping as well)

I just purchased the da210 as well and am having the blank screen problem. i managed to get the screen to come on eventually by swiping and clicking the display toggle button, but sometimes it still does it. i also can not leave a source once i select one...did you have yours replaced? 

You probably received the unit that the OP sent back.