AVIC411.com

Just Installed D2 check out the pics..

It looks almost factory, and I had to shave the top and bottom part of the frame off which is why the 98 Explorer is considered 1-DIN, but I definitely knew the 2-DIN would look 100% better, specially in a truck. Anyway what do you guys think, and anybody have the link where I could download new maps for this badboy? I'm on version 1.0 and they have some old streets that don't exist anymore around here. Thanks!

photo021807001kr2.jpg

photo021807002pd1.jpg

holy chit! Maybe I could now get a D3 knowing i could shave off the frame and make the din and a half into a double din in my 97 explorer! Was it hard to do?

Dude, Super easy to do. I bought a dremel and with one of the tools just slowly shaved the top and bottom frame off.. The side of the frame, its actually not a frame its more of a lip, you know you have one. But anyway I kept the side ones and it hold the unit in VERY snug. Its an excellent fit, I was also going to remove the side bracket from the deck itself but figured I wouldn't because it didn't look that bad and held it in as well. Certainly an easy install I recommend it. And if i hadn't be so impatient and waited for a D3 I would have been much happier because ipod sucks for D2 :(