AVIC411.com

Resetting all AVIC's

I have both disks(original). I dont want to do the solder bypass and i wanted to try the 60 map disk. It suks cause it still has the same maps and doesn't even have my work as a POI(Best Buy). And i rather watch my movies and still have the same map rather than not watch movies and still have the same maps.

^^exactly my point. I tried to reset everything in the first page menu but it still has some 60 left in it so it will load and boot the 40 map but at the end it still wants the 60 map. Does anyone know what else to flash/reset.

Go to 2nd page of service menu,

Use "Program Forced Write" and have ur 40 disc in the dvd drive.

Pick which programs you want to write, and it'll tell you your current version and the version on the disc you have inserted. Once you've selected everything it'll tell you to push the "NAVI" button to write the programs to memory, by "NAVI" it means hit the POS button. I usually force write the GPS application, and two of the other programs in there, but I mean you could do all of them and it wouldn't hurt. Once they're all done loading, you can go back to page one and clear the backup data, it'll restart the unit, then you can press the reset button and it'll start everything back up again, your 40 discs will be ready to use. There's better instructions somewhere around here if u use the search.

• 1 month later...