AVIC411.com

Bluetooth wont turn on.

Just bought my z120bt (used of course). Everything works, did the bypass and all. No issues whatsoever. But, my bluetooth won't even turn on. I push the icon, it says "disconnected" I hit "connect" and it says "connection unavailable". And when I go to the Bluetooth settings screen, everything is greyed out. What's the issue? What am I doing wrong?

Just bought my z120bt (used of course). Everything works, did the bypass and all. No issues whatsoever. But, my bluetooth won't even turn on. I push the icon, it says "disconnected" I hit "connect" and it says "connection unavailable". And when I go to the Bluetooth settings screen, everything is greyed out. What's the issue? What am I doing wrong?

I never use those "connect" & "Disconnect" icons on various screens. Besides, if you haven't paired your phone - they won't work. And to do that, you obviously need to get BT settings working.

AFA BT settings, I sometimes see it grayed out when the AVIC is initializing. So try waiting 20 seconds before going into settings.

Are you sure all the settings are grayed-out? Make sure BT is set to ON (if possible).

I'm hoping it's just that BT is turned off. But if that is grayed-out, something is very wrong. This is a newly installed unit - right? So I guess a factory reset wouldn't do much, but it's worth a try. 

The BT settings screen is two pages, so you need to scroll. See if Firmware Update is available. You may need to reinstall BT firmware.

What is the history of this Z120? Is it stock or has the firmware been upgraded (CNSD-110FM, CNSD-210FM, CNSD-310FM)? What is the App software version?  Each upgrade SD has its corresponding BT firmware.

If nothing is working, you may have a defective Z120. Is it possible to get your money back?