AVIC411.com

AVIC Z150 Buzz/Whine [Speakers]

Let me first off state that I performed the AVIC Z150 Brake Bypass.  I have never recieved the error code that some others have recieved but I do in fact have a whine/whistle in my speakers at times.  I connected a wire into the harness next to the mute and then grounded that newly installed wire with the light green wire to a ground.  When i start up the vehicle I get the buzz/whine and normally it goes away within a few seconds, most of the time like 10 seconds max.  At times though, this Buzz/Whine will stay constant the entire time I am driving and I can hear it over my sound of speakers, depending on the volume level.

I purchased a Stinger SGN20 Ground Loop Isolator and that did NOTHING!  Even though they are highly recommended, it didn't do anything but make the buzz/whine louder at times.  Does anyone know of a solution to this or a workaround?  I know the best way to get it to stop would be to wire the system up the way it should be, I understand that but you tell that to a pregnant wife who loves to see her parents often and wants a movie playing while driving..

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  FYI, The ground loop isolator is linked below.  It has grounds on it that you can use, in the event that just plugging it in, doesn't resolve the buzz/whine.. I tried it both ways, didn't work either way.

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=112&CategoryID=3

--Chris

Does anyone not know about this issue??

In doing some testing last night, I found that if you select the "Map" button and hold it down, it will put the screen into standby mode.. By doing this, the whien goes away.. As soon as I touch the screen, it resumes. 

Should I have grounded the "Light Green" wire and the newly added bypass "Wire" seperately?  I crimped them and grounded them together... Would this be my problem possibly?  Should I have grounded both of those wires seperately?

Does anyone not know about this issue??

In doing some testing last night, I found that if you select the "Map" button and hold it down, it will put the screen into standby mode.. By doing this, the whien goes away.. As soon as I touch the screen, it resumes. 

Should I have grounded the "Light Green" wire and the newly added bypass "Wire" seperately?  I crimped them and grounded them together... Would this be my problem possibly?  Should I have grounded both of those wires seperately?

The ground is common whether you tie them together or separately.

What you may want to double check is whether your unit is grounded where it's supposed to be, which, if I recall, is the black wire. The outer shield of the antenna connector will serve as a ground but it's not a real good ground to carry any significant current through.