AVIC411.com

AVIC-X950bh issues

I just installed the AVIC-x950BH in my 2014 Forester. This is my first double din (HU) and install The install was fairly simple and the unit is great with the exception of the following:

it's VERY dim during the day... any idea on increasing brightness?

i have no video playback (from DVD), just audio.

it won't load any song info from bluetooth audio (iphone 5).

Do i need the firmware update to interface the unit with the iphone 5 or is it just for the apps?

thanks!

The screen on my X950BH dims or changes color when it senses the headlights are on. I would check the way you wired the adapter (if you used one) is wired to the lights since a lot of cars run with lights or running lights on all the time now. As for the videos not playing, you did say if they were ones you burned or a commercial? On mine videos would not play the same videos my X940 would play and some it would? There are some posts on the site here to show the settings for the Handbrake video editing software and they give a very good starting point. I did the same video with several different settings and finally found one that worked well. I have attached two screen snapshots of MY settings and yours might have to be different.

I run my videos and songs from a USB thumb drive kept in the glove compartment but the format of the videos is what is important.

post-67950-0-78479800-1379265330_thumb.jpg

post-67950-0-72856700-1379265332_thumb.jpg

The screen on my X950BH dims or changes color when it senses the headlights are on. I would check the way you wired the adapter (if you used one) is wired to the lights since a lot of cars run with lights or running lights on all the time now. As for the videos not playing, you did say if they were ones you burned or a commercial? On mine videos would not play the same videos my X940 would play and some it would? There are some posts on the site here to show the settings for the Handbrake video editing software and they give a very good starting point. I did the same video with several different settings and finally found one that worked well. I have attached two screen snapshots of MY settings and yours might have to be different.

I run my videos and songs from a USB thumb drive kept in the glove compartment but the format of the videos is what is important.

Thanks for the reply. It is a commercial DVD. I think my ground may have came loose. I did the bypass by adding a ground wire to the AV harness. I'll have to tear back into my dash and see what i can find.

As for the illumination, i have day time running lights on my subaru. The orange/white wire is soldered to the orange white wire of my harness. is there a way to manually adjust the screen? I was reading on a different thread that some models you can hold down "MODE' and it will bring you to a screen adjustment menu. I'm currently at work, but about to walk back out there and give it a shot.

I just installed the AVIC-x950BH in my 2014 Forester. This is my first double din (HU) and install The install was fairly simple and the unit is great with the exception of the following:

it's VERY dim during the day... any idea on increasing brightness?

i have no video playback (from DVD), just audio.

I too have a 2014 Forester with an X950BH installed.  I find the angle of the dashboard really creates a problem with direct sunlight on the head unit.  It basically blinds out the whole screen.  I was thinking of creating a thin black hood to come out on top of the radio to shield it from the sun (similar to the hood that comes out over the MPG info screen on the top center of the dash).  As for DVD, I've never tried one.  I've ripped a few videos to the iPod and have played them back via Car Media Player and they work fine as well as when I ripped a few to the microSDHC card.