OK, so I've searched the forum for my specific problem and have not found the solution, so I'm starting a new thread. I have an X930BT HU with no modifications except the video bypass which allows Nav and video while moving. I just installed an aftermarket backup camera and hooked it to the brown rear camera input. The camera power is wired to the reverse light wiring. I have tested it and the camera has power and sends an image to the screen.
The problem is:
- I get a black screen when I start my truck with the warning about reversed image
- When I put it in reverse, the camera turns on, image appears on screen (this is good)
- When I put it in drive, the screen turns black and warning comes back, although I can hear my music and skip through the songs/stations with the hardware buttons
- If I hit Mode, the screen goes back to normal
- If I shift back into reverse, nothing happens
So, basically, I have to turn my truck off then on to get the backup camera to work. Can anyone tell me if they have seen this problem, and if there is a solution?
Here's a video of a guy with the same problem, with no solutions in the comments.
Thanks in advance.