AVIC411.com

2007 toyota 4runner speed sensor wire

Hello I own a 2007 toyota 4runner and plan on installing a pioneer avic d1. I already performed the bypass for the parking brake wire and the spare wire grounding trick, and need to find out where the vehicle speed sensor wire is located. my 4runner has the standard 6 speaker system with no audio controls on the steering wheel. also does anyone know how to take apart the dash to gain access to the radio, it looks very tricky... thanks for your help. rob

I have 2006 info:

Speed Sense purple/red ECM, 2nd plug from bottom, pin 8

TOYOTA, 4RUNNER, 2006, Speed Sense

The ECM (Engine Control Module) is behind the glovebox.

Also found at the radio harness or, if equipped, the stereo amplifier behind the passenger side quarter panel.

Check in your owner's manual to see if you have a speed sensitive radio. If you do, then you can get the VSS from the radio plug.

thanks. i found it behind the radio in the harness for the steering wheel controls, thanks. while installing my avic d1 and removing the factory 6 speaker system, I found an extra wire that looks like a antenna plug in the dash that I unplugged from the factory radio, I think this wire is for the mp3 input located in the center console, but I'm not sure. anybody know?