AVIC411.com

Appradio 2 + iphone 5 (Jailbroken) + Lightning Digital AV Adapter + Lightning to 30-pin Adapter

Hi All,

I am new to the site (just joined today) as after months of searching, I couldn't seem to find the answer.

Basically I updated my phone from a 4S to an iPhone 5 a few months ago, as I managed to get my hands on one which was IOS 6.0.2, allowing me to use Mike's Appradio Extensions. Absolutely amazing stuff!

One gripe I have is that I am not able to use the stock iPod app on the first home screen of the Appradio with my iPhone 5. This was a key feature especially when travelling short journeys and don't want to wait 30 seconds - 1 minute for it to load up to the music app, blah blah blah.

What I am wondering is if anyone tried connecting their iPhone 5 to their Appradio 2 using a Lightning Digital AV adaptor, Lightning to 30-Pin adaptor and a HDMI?

Looking at the pioneer compatibility chart for the Appradio 2, it would seem that the stock iPod app works when using only the original cables with a Lightning to 30-Pin adaptor. When connected with the Digital AV adaptor and HDMI, you lose this functionality altogether, so would it work entirely if you were to combine the two?

Been discussed to death on this forum. You loose the iPod app with the i5 and HDMI option. CarMedia Player is your new iPod app. You can however use the Lightning to 30 pin adapter to regain the stock iPod app but you will not get App Mode which completely defeats the purpose of the AR.

Has anyone tried the Lightning to 30 pin adapter with an iPhone 5 and iOS 7?  From comments I read in the forum, it sounded like using the adapter would give access to the ipod option.  I purchased the adapter today and tried it with my phone but the AppRadio opens to a blank screen when I press either iPod or Pandora.

Thanks for the reply.  After updating to iOS 7.02 I tried it again and it seems to be working.  It's strange since power cycling the phone and turning the radio on and off didn't work before.  But like you say it probably doesn't have anything to do with the iOS version.  I'll play around with it the next few days and see if it stays working.

When using the appradio mode (AppRadio 2 w/ HDMI adapter) I've noticed it sometimes gets stuck in a state where the apps will open but they don't get recognized by the head unit (for example, ECTouch will start but it will have phone mirroring and no head unit control).  It got frustrating enough that I decided to give the adapter a shot just to have something that would consistently work.  I'm wondering if it's related to the microbypass I'm using since I also experience the problem you've mentioned before where the OK button will stay greyed out unless I go back to home and then into App mode again.

Ah okay, that's unfortunate.

On a more positive note, I noticed that iTunes Radio from iOS7 is integrated with the ipod app in AppRadio (and presumably any car stereo).  Any radio station you save in iTunes Radio shows up as a playlist in the ipod app allowing you to select radio stations and skip tracks.  Really cool!  Unfortunately, this does not work in CarMediaPlayer.

post-89094-0-42404600-1380399727_thumb.jpg