AVIC411.com

Basic Install Question

Hi everyone, 

I'm not at all an install/electronics expert, but I was able to install the z150BH with a sub and amp in my 09 Scion xB by myself (it was much simpler than I had anticipated, having never done a head unit before). I even did the parking brake bypass. 

What I don't know is where I'm supposed to connect the pink car speed signal input wire. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it, where it goes, or whatever. I guess the same goes for the violet/white reverse gear signal input (if this wire isn't totally necessary to hook up then I won't bother). 

I know, I know, this is probably really basic. But you should've seen my panic when I opened the box and saw all those wires and cables. 

Thanks.

The speed sensor wire taps into the VSS of your car.  It could be going into the speedometer cluster, you will need to do your research on that.  Some don't even bother to connect it since it can be a challenge to find it.

The reverse wire taps into the reverse lamp bulb (positive) so that when you have a reverse cam hooked up it will switch to it when going in reverse.