AVIC411.com

I've had a look around to try and work things out, but figured i'd ask my questions here. Sorry if this should have been in another thread!

I've just bought an Audi S3, and having looked around for a stereo which I thought would do everything I wanted I came across the Appradio 3.

I'm in the UK and as they aren't being released over here, I bought it from somewhere in New York and waited for what has felt like forever for it to be delivered, whilst being stung £85 extra by customs en route.

Anyway. I read up on here and bought what I thought was all I would need. I took the unit straight to a professional (although I now realise they have no idea) and supplied them with:

1. USB to Lightening for my iPhone 5 (official apple one)

2. Lightening female to male extension lead (unofficial, I know that may cause problems but I don't think apple offer one)

3. Normal HDMI to HDMI cable

4. Apple official iPhone 5 HDMI converter thing (little box)

5. Pioneer iPod cable (they gave me part number which was completely wrong)

They have had all sorts of problems and I now have the stereo fitted with absolutely no cables in place yet. I need to provide a few more bits and reading up on this I wanted to double check a few more things before I waste more money.

I have searched online everywhere for the Pioneer official USB cable which plugs into the square slot on the back of the unit - I gather that you can just use the USB to lightening cable connected to the "android" (as it is referred to in the manual) USB as either of these simply provide power to the iPhone 5. However, I gather that in time, with a possible iOS7 firmware update, that I may need the 'square ended' official Pioneer USB cable. Is there anywhere I can get this without buying that CD-IH202 kit, as I don't need the cable tidy and the HDMI cable, and I don't want to spend about £50 on it either, especially if the firmware update is unlikely. 

I also want my classic iPod video to plug into the car simply as I have all my music on there. I'm not bothered about playing video from the iPod, but it would be a bonus! I can't work out what wire I need for the iPod functionality. Also, if I have plugged my iPhone 5 lightening cable into the "android" USB then do I no longer have a slot for the iPod? Would a normal classic iPod 30 pin USB cable be sufficient to power the iPod from the "android" USB slot, or do I need a further official iPod cable from pioneer, and if so, where does that plug in?

The other problem I have, although I don't really understand it, is that the people fitting the unit, claim that in the UK we fit these units from the front, not the back like the US, and therefore they don't have the appropriate fascia. At the minute, you can still see the wiring harness around the edges of the unit. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the correct fascia for an '09 Audi S3?

Thanks in advance guys, and apologies again if i'm asking this in the wrong place. I'm just going mad here!!

Also, for clarity, the Bluetooth works fine for iPhone 5, but can't access any apps or iPod yet as no cabling in place!

Oh and just to add another problem I have just come across, I asked the guys at the fitting place to work around the handbrake issue, to stop you playing video whilst driving. Looks like they may have achieved it, but the DVD I tried brought up an error as it is a different region DVD, Nightmare!!! Didn't think of that! Any ideas how to work around that?

Fingers crossed! Looking around at other sites, the DVD region change didn't sound good. Only suggestions seemed to be, try copying your DVDs to blanks but editing them to be multi region. I suppose that's one option! Not massively keen on it though! I've kind of come to the conclusion with the cables that I should order the CD-IU201N cable to use the iPod Classic. Then use the 'android' USB for power for the iPhone 5 and the hdmi cable as well to go into the converter box. Will let you know how I get on! Still need advice on the fascia though!