AVIC411.com

iPhone 5 won't connect via bluetooth to AppRadio 2 after network reset

Hi everyone,

Firstly thanks to everyone here for keeping an active community on these head units, and hopefully someone can give me some pointers.

I have an AppRadio 2 that I've had installed for a bit less than a year, and an iPhone 5 that I've been using with the head unit since I bought it.  The phone and radio worked great together with iOS 6, jailbroken iOS 6, and then iOS 7.  However, I was one of the people affected by the imessages issues in iOS 7 (messages won't send), so I reset the network settings in order to resolve that issue (successfully), but now I can't get the phone and radio to connect with bluetooth.

I figured I would have to re-pair the phone after resetting the network settings, but I can't get it to work properly.  I deleted the AppRadio from the iPhone's bluetooth list, re-paired it, and both confirmed the connection but then the radio won't actually connect (I get the little red "X" in the upper right hand corner of the middle icon on the homescreen).  Then I tried deleting the iPhone from the AppRadio's bluetooth list, re-paired, and had the same issue.  I've tried it a few times with deleting and re-pairing, but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Well, as helpful as that was....

I un-installed and re-installed the AppRadio app on my phone today, and while it didn't work properly I was at least able to use "advanced app mode" I think they call it to at least get the audio to send through, and my phone's display was mirrored but no app functionality.

Hope someone has an idea.

Thanks,

Joe