AVIC411.com

Appradio 3 - Bypass AND Toggle??

Currently I have the basic 2 pulse bypass installed with my Appradio 3 and it works for the most part, however I still get the warning sign when trying to mirror the phone or use unsupported apps. 

This wasn't an issue when I had a jailbreak (just use the iPhone home "app" with AR Ext) however I'm on iOS7 now. 

I would rather not have to use a switch for apps like Waze that work well with the bypass, however I want to be able to mirror the screen and do other things.  Would I be able to hook the toggle switch to the brake wire in front of the bypass (then ground obviously) to get functionality out of both methods?

Has anyone tried to do this, if not, in theory would it make sense?  I'm not very experienced with car audio installation (I installed my AR3 and bypass but not much else) so any input would be helpful.

I still get the warning sign when trying to mirror the phone or use unsupported apps. 

Wait a minute, is this the reason you feel the bypass is the issue? If so then its working properly. You will always get this warning regardless of bypass or not.

there's no OK to press, it just says "Attention" - viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited

I think it's because the bypass initially does the 2 pulse but when you try and use an unsupported app it doesn't know to pulse again?  Just guessing that having the switch as well would allow me to toggle and pulse again. 

Thanks for your help on this!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a set resolution for this? I just installed my AppRadio3 DA210 and have a automatic bypass on order. It is supposed to do the two pulse on start, but I am concerned that I will see the same lockout when trying to go into App Mode. 

Love the system, but it seems almost pointless without a bypass.

(First post, been reading the forms all day... Thank's to everyone for all their input.)

FYI I am installing in a 2012 Silverado. I have had success with most of the install including the Review Camera feed. Will be glad to help someone else if I can.

Regards,

Jared

there's no OK to press, it just says "Attention" - viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited

I think it's because the bypass initially does the 2 pulse but when you try and use an unsupported app it doesn't know to pulse again?  Just guessing that having the switch as well would allow me to toggle and pulse again. 

Thanks for your help on this!

Your issue has nothing to do with supported or unsupported apps. It sounds like you have a defective bypass.

Is there a set resolution for this? I just installed my AppRadio3 DA210 and have a automatic bypass on order. It is supposed to do the two pulse on start, but I am concerned that I will see the same lockout when trying to go into App Mode. 

If you have the proper bypass you should have any issues.