AVIC411.com

Adding Xbox to D2

Can anyone suggest a cable to use to connect my Xbox to my D2. The Xbox is in the trunk and I will need a shielded cable of some sort. I would also like to shield the Xbox cable it self to keep the picture as clear as possible.

What I am looking for is a quality shielded RCA cable and some material that I can use to add shielding to the Xbox cable.

Any suggestions, website, experiences doing this?

you could just extend, which is what you are probably going to have to do anyways, the standard video cable with rca's red, white, and yellow. You could get a barrel connector to extend them if you had male rca ends. as far as shielding the whole science of that would have to be taken into account, just wrapping it wouldnt necessarily be good, and actually may introduce more noise in the audio and or video line. suggestion would be if its possible to try it and see how running it is without any 'shielding'

Two years ago, I used bluejeanscable.com to get my 40 ft custom cut home theater video cables (component, rca, and dvi) and they are great. I used the Belden 1505F cables which are very flexible for making your cable run. Those same cables will probably work for a run to your trunk and interference would be unlikely I think... 40 ft is an awful lot for a car so just get them shorter. These cables are of excellent (I'd even go to say monster equivalent) quality and are quite inexpensive for what you get.