AVIC411.com

Reverse Wire for 2006 Mustang

Hi, All--new here to this forum, and have a question regarding the reverse wire for my car.

I have a 2006 Mustang GT with the 5-Speed Automatic, and I am simply unable to find the reverse wire or circuit in order to hook up my AVIC-Z1.

Now, no disrespect intended, but contrary to what others have posted in other threads, and contrary to what Crutchfield has stated over the phone to me, there *IS NO* 52-pin connector in the SJB on this car.

There is a THIRTY-SIX pin connector, and a 40-pin connector, and a fusebox, but there isn't a 52-pin connector.

I have gone completely through all the connectors in the right kickpanel area, counted the connectors in EACH plug and these are ALL that are there

Therefore, the information previously given is invalid for this car; it might have been valid for a 2005 Mustang, or maybe even a 2006 V-6 Mustang or a 2006 GT with a manual transmission, but it is NOT valid for my combination.

Additionally, when I look through the wiring that comes from the right kickpanel and goes toward the trunk, there are TWO white wires with a yellow stripe, and guess what--they BOTH have power to them--but power is live to them any time the key is in the "ON" position, so neither can be the reverse wire.

I disassembled the console and checked the wiring at the shifter--none of the wires there had any voltage through them at ONLY the time the shifter was in the "Reverse" position.

Next--I disconnected the wiring connector to the LEFT tail light assembly, and checked for power to ALL of the 6 connectors while the shifter was in the "Reverse" position, and there was NO power to ANY of them--and THEN, when I plugged it back together, the LEFT reverse light was OUT--while the RIGHT reverse light was still on! I turned the key to the "OFF" position and back to the "ON" position, and voila--the LEFT reverse light was back ON again!!

What the heck is going on with this system? Where is the reverse circuit? Which wire do I use?

Are there any schematic drawings for the wiring in this car? Maybe just a wiring harness diagram? Anybody got any ideas about how I can connect the reverse wire?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi, cntrylvr79--

Would you happen to have a picture of what you're talking about?

The SJB in my car doesn't appear to have anything even remotely related to bolts or nuts . . . there is an over-center lever for each harness that holds them in the connectors, but that's the extent of it.

As I indicated in my original post, I've been all over the wiring harnesses and connectors in the right kickpanel, and those are the only connectors I've been able to find; additionally, as I indicated in my previous post, the only white wires with a yellow stripe that go to the rear have power to them fulltime when the ignition switch is in the "ON" position--regardless of gearshift lever position.

A picture of what you're talking about would help me to figure out whether we're talking about the same area or not . . .

:)