AVIC411.com

Want to check to see if my Avic N1 Works! Please Help.

ok guys I know I'm not that bright of a guy. Can someone please tell me how I can hook up my avic n-1 to a extra car battery I have lying around the garage or some other way to power the sysytem up to see if it works! I searched the threads, but I cant seem to find the answer. Maybe you guys can tell me in detail in a thread or post a link where it a tuturial or something like that. I really want to find out if it works or not. Please help me out, thanks guys, David

First plug the data cable into both the brain and the headunit. Now take the red and yellow wires of the avic harness and hook them to the positive battery post. Then the black wire goes to the negative post. At this point you should be able to turn the avic on and play with it to make sure it works. Oh if you want to check the gps, you'll have to plug the antenna into the brain too.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this forum has great info for a noob, with a great search function. I've learned a lot by reading posts and searching

I have just bought a used N2 and want to test it before installing.

Dumb question of the day: is it safe to test the N2 with no speakers hooked up? Seems like I remember that it is not safe with HUs.

Thanks for any help.

Man, this forum has great info for a noob, with a great search function. I've learned a lot by reading posts and searching

Dumb question of the day: is it safe to test the N2 with no speakers hooked up? Seems like I remember that it is not safe with HUs.

Thanks for any help.

should be fine just make sure your speaker wires are properly insulated and don't contact anything else..

Thanks for any help.

Yup do it all the time for customers, as stated before make sure the speaker leads aren't touching each other or any power leads.