AVIC411.com

AVIC N1 Downgrade Solutions

I Figured it out! For those of you who have the AVIC N1 and used the upgrade CDs like I did...you can downgrade. It is a bit tricky until you figure it out. However, if you have the original CD's you can force flash downloads from the original CD's to revert the firmware back to the original. This will allow a passanger to watch DVD's and to use the nav. options in drive. Let me know if anyone is stuck like I was. Hopefully, someone will figure out how to get the new map info off with the old 1.1 or 1.2 firmware. No more lockout for me! thanks to bits and peices of info in here.

[sarcasm] Dude, you must be a genius!!! [/sarcasm]

I'm not sure if you know this but this information has been available on here for a very long time. This is one that is pretty easy to find using search, and as well, is circulating on other websites.

Congratulations!

cntrylvr79---I have not seen anyone provid the info on how to pass the 60 cd lochout furmware if you ahve an AVIC N1. For the N2 and others...it is easier. But I have the N1, it is easy to ground the parking break. ONly downsie is once I downgraded back to the originals, now I have the originals and the 60 CDs. Has anyone figured out (on the 60 cds) how to burn them without the firmware lockout files