AVIC411.com

App Radio, iphone5, z150 black screen

Ok so I just picked this up from the stereo shop on yesterday.  I did the firmware update.  I have the IH-202 cord, a lightning to hdmi cord and a normal usb.  I just get a black screen in app radio mode.  I don't believe the lightning to hdmi cord is using any usb control, just charging the phone.  When I plug the adapter into my computer, there is no syncing or acknowledgment of either device which makes me think there would be no control through the deck either.

Does the video go thru the hdmi cord or the usb cord?

The deck recognizes the phone when it is plugged directly into the usb, without the hdmi adapter.  I can enter the app radio mode then.  When I plug it in thru the hdmi, I cannot use app radio mode.

Also, i cannot use bluetooth any more once it is plugged in to usb.

The USB jump drive works and SD works obv because I updated it.

It's in a 2002 G500.  Great install, everything else works, steering wheel controls, back up cam, 5 channel Alpine amp and sub.

I'm going to call Pioneer on Tuesday I guess

Thanks,

Mike

The video and sound goes via the HDMI. The lighting cable is only for charging. It uses Bluetooth to communicate between the phone and the head unit for touches, etc. So be sure to pair it via bluetooth to make it all work. Also make sure that the iPod setup is correct for the iPhone on the head unit.

I cannot access App Radio mode without the phone plugged into to the USB, without the hdmi adapter.  It will not allow me to enter App Radio mode through a bluetooth connection.

It seems to me that if the Apple hdmi connector allow data through the USB then all of this would work flawlessly.  I will call apple to see if there is another connector that does that.

In the mean time? anyone know what else I can do?  I believe this radio was a bit more expensive because of the App Radio stuff and it doesn't even work.  Like an extra $500 or something.  Doesn't even do anything extra.

You must have the phone plugged into the USB to make app radio work. It will NOT work only via bluetooth at all. There is a reason Pioneer was forced to use HDMI to pass the video and sound, rather than via the USB connector, but the reason eludes me at the moment. I remember reading that the reason bluetooth must be used is because the USB cord will not pass along control codes to and from the Pioneer unit to the phone.

Ok it works now.

It was the IPOD setting in the Sources Settings.  It was set to 30 pin and it had to be changed to digital AV.

I think it is running through bluetooth and HDMI because the USB isn't doing anything now.  Wow this drains the phone battery quick.

It will drain the battery badly unless you plug a lightning cable into the charging port on the back of the AVIC.  Dont use the usb cable that comes in the CDIH202!!!!

Are you referring to the USB port directly on the back of the Z150?

I was about to make a thread asking about this. I have my phone going through the 202 cable and the battery drains even while "charging." I was going to take the radio out this weekend and move the USB to the direct port on the back of the radio but wasn't sure if that would make a difference. Does the straight port have a higher amperage than the 202/IPBUS USB adapter? I think I've read the 202 only provides 500ma which is just abysmal and would explain my battery drain. If the port has 1amp or more, maybe it would actually charge the phone, albeit slowly, instead of drain it.

I was even considering buying a hardwire USB kit to create a 1+ amp USB source for charging the iPhone during AppRadio mode.

Just wanted to post back.  The port directly on the unit still would not charge the phone while using AppRadio mode.  However, the drain wasn't as significant.

I also tried plugging in a 2.1 amp cig lighter charging cable to the digital AV adapter while using AppRadio mode...still drained while supposedly "charging."  So from what I'm seeing, there is no way to charge the phone while using AppRadio, even if you use a 2.1 amp charger.  Now, I do use AppRadioExtensions so there is a possibility that it is causing my battery drain.