AVIC411.com

x940bt microSD Mp3 playback issue

I'm wondering if something is wrong with my 940bt.  When i start up the car it will try to play an mp3 from the microSD card and it does the "media that cannot be played will be skipped".  Oddly enough, it does this randomly without any noticable pattern.  Sometimes, i can set the unit to Off and pull the seciurity buttons off (shutting off the unit) and plugging it back in and it will work.  Then other times, when i start up the car it plays mp3's fine.

I went through and checked to make sure there wasn't any text files (or any non mp3 files) in the music folders, thinking that maybe its trying to play a non music file but that didn't help.

I had some strange issues with playing videos in my X950BH but nothing ever happened weird with my X940BT that was in my F350? I did find that some movies would play and then NOT play for no apparent reason even though all video settings were the same? I did find some compatibility issues and once they were corrected all were fine.

I would suggest checking the MP3 compatibility settings in the user manual to make sure all songs meet the supported settings as on page 218 of the book.