AVIC411.com

Odd issue with my X920BT.. No Volume, then no volume control

Hello everyone.

Been an avic fan for years and I've had my ups and downs with them, but generally I have had good luck.

I installed my x920bt 3 years ago (updated to X940 software 8 months ago). I have it running to a 4 channel alpine amp and a Basslink. Other than the terrible bluetooth mic quality, it has worked great. Sounds really good.

Recently (colder weather).. I will start the car and the volume isnt there. I can hear the small hiss from the amp knowing that the amp is on, but I can't get any sound from any source. Within the next 20 minutes I can start to hear a little bit of sound (I have no control of the volume.. it changes on the screen but it doesnt get louder or softer)

If I take the volume all the way down to 0, there is no sound. from 1-30 the sound level stays the same (very little). The sub is also not playing during this time (seperate amp). It seems the fixed sound gets louder and louder within to 45 minutes of my drive.

I got coffee, turned the car off and got back in the car and it works perfectly again. Full sound, Full control.

Is this a pre-out issue?

Thanks,

Joe