AVIC411.com

Screen problems could it be the screws?

I am wondering if anyone else has expirienced this situation...

Before sending in my Z1 for service to Pioneer my screen opened and closed fine. After getting it back and installing it this time it seems like the screen will open 3/4 the way and go back up and stop right under the hard drive. Before I try to uninstall the unit as its a pain in with my car...Would the length of the screws effect the opening and closing?

Happened to me a few times after messing with the din around it.

So what is happening is that the rails which the screen slides on gets a bit stuck on the bezel/din kit of the car.

Temp Soln: When opening/closing, push down on the DIN kit around the unit to create more gap.

Perm Soln: Remove the unit and try to raise it up a bit (you need barely 1 cm more room). So when re-screwing it in place, put upward pressure on the unit itself so it's slightly raised.

* As long as your issue is the same as mine (which it seems like it is), there is nothing wrong with the unit itself. Just a slightly wrong install :P