AVIC411.com

Stuck in a bit of a Rut. z120bt->z140bh firmware upgrade +BT problem

I tried to "read my way" out of it but im sad to say im having trouble crossing this bridge...

i have had a z120bt for about 3 years and i have always loved it, about 8 months ago the BT stopped connecting. it wont even turn on. every time you try to turn it on the head unit just shows its thinking and it will never stop until you back out of the menu. The BT version is 3.11.  i started reading about the upgrade here then i saw that i can upgrade to the z140bh O.S/ firmware and get a little more current system. i thought i would kill 2 birds with one stone. BT firmware and new system firmware. wow, so excited about that.

i have been following the thread about going from a 110 to a 120 and adapting it to the 140 firmware with no luck. I have version 2.000000 on my z120 and it has never been upgraded as far as i know, so i downloaded this from pioneer...  the first / top download for units that have not been flashed before....

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z140BH

then i used the short fuze unlocker and copied the 2 files as shown and left the testmode.key in the root folder.

now i have a root folder that looks like this,

20131203_144204.jpg

and a sub folder that looks like this...

20131203_144318.jpg

i dont care about updating maps. i dont use them and i wish there was a way to disable them.

the z120 recognizes the SD   the install screen only shows all dashes  where it should show the version. to the right it shows 8.05 i believe.

is my root folder setup correctly?

should i re label anything or is that name of the root folder ok?

i have re downloaded the unlocker and the 140 OS from poineer.

i have formatted in fat32 and the unit has no problem recognizing the SD.

the only thing i thought about trying now is the other version from pioneer for the already acessed units,

i think its so cool that i have found this and its teasing me now!  i want to love my 120 like i used to.

thanks in advance,

-Marcus

i found this post from RONZ

"Your SD should have one, and only one, directory in the root: \AVICZ110. This should contain:

Directory of SD \AVICZ110

• <DIR> APL
  • <DIR> BOOT
  • <DIR> FONTS
  • <DIR> PLATFORM
  • EU090APL.HTM
  • EU090APL.VER
  • EU090BOT.HTM
  • EU090BOT.VER
  • EU090FNT.HTM
  • EU090FNT.VER
  • EU090PLT.HTM
  • EU090PLT.VER

...And a bunch of other sub-directories and files. I just listed these to be sure your copy to the SD was at the correct level in the directory structure. I assume yours was correct or you wouldn't have gotten as far as you did."

---------------------------

My file download obviously has 2 extra folders up top and im not sure why. they both contain one .prg file a piece.

EDIT=

i have learned that the AVIC wont recognize the files at all without TESTMODE.KEY on the root folder

i also tried it with the USB instead of SD card and it shows the same blank likes on the left and 8.05 on the unit.

What exactly did you download from Pioneer (link please)?   I have a feeling it is just a patch update for the Z140, not the upgrade for Z110/120/130 (CNSD-310FM) which AFAIK isn't downloadable from Pioneer (and costs $$$$). If I am right, it will not update your unit because you aren't running the correct 4.x software. 

What you want is CNSD-310FM. And don't use the ShortFuze hack, use Pionara's thread.

I hope you haven't screwed-up your unit by force loading any of the files. BTW, I don't think it will fix your BT. Try a hard reset by disconnection your car battery for 30-60 seconds.

i got the BT working by resetting factory defaults. but i have been working on this 140 update for about 6 hours.  i am very PC savvy but this is a picky beast.

i have downloaded everything . i tried the 4.6 and the 5.1 that is on pioneers site for the z140 with and without the shortfuze hack.

i tried the v1.001000 both ways and i have tried renaming folders and double checking the replacment .dll and rom file.

the head unit seems fine.  it hasnt done any updates at all. as far as i ever get is just the rom load screen that show 8.05 on the device and "---- -----" on the SD card.

your right, i dont have 4.x software     i have 2.000000

Well, if you want to upgrade the app (to Z140 functionality) and maps, you've got a few choices:

1. Find a torrent that has the CNSD-310FM image (bootleg 2012 upgrade) and use pionara hack
  2. Buy the same thing off ebay
  3. Buy the newest update (2013 maps & equivalent to CNSD-310FM apps) from NAVTEQ's web site $120
  4. Wait for bootleg copies of #3 and a new hack to get around the license check.

sorry to be a bother, but can you please verify what you said in the other thread.  about the 140 update not working on my 120?

the 310fm update is done and it shows the new version 4.00000 and i cant get any farther with the ucom write on the boot screen.

i have tried the 5.1 with and without the modified .ver file.

before i got the 310fm update done i updated the .dll file and it said it was accepted.  did i do something in the wrong order?

i have downloaded so many files and read so many threads i have twisted my brain up.

i just want the more current looking update with album art for the most part.

thanks for helping.

-M

• 4 weeks later...

I just did the update to my Z120bt that has Z140bh update. Previously "Application Version" was 4.010 and now its 4.600.  :mrgreen:

Only weird part was when it was in “Program forced write [system uCom Write]†to update uCom version to 8.05, it didn't work on mine.  :?

So I just hold the eject button for 10 second and let go the button to open the screen, so I took the SD card out and restart the HU(turn ur car off and on).

Then I check the â€œService Information Screenâ€, "Application Version" got update to 4.600.  :mrgreen:

Also I did the bluetooth firmware update to version 3.32.  :mrgreen:

Just follow pioneer instruction for this updates. Here is the link.

http://www.pioneerel...NSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Hope this helps~~~ Good Luck PPL~~!!  :mrgreen: