AVIC411.com

Screen stuck open with a black screen

Well my gps finally started to freeze every once in a while especially when navigation was on. I ran the firmware update in hopes to resolve it but no avail.  I then proceeded to update to the 2010 maps, which took a very long time to install. After getting that working I still had the same issue and figured that my hard drive was starting to die. So I removed the hard drive which the unit then only lets you listen to am/fm stations. I tested the hard drive and it was indeed failing.

I tried plugging another hard drive into it to see what would happen and if it would recognize and it just sat at a screen stating the hard drive had no software or such. I installed the software on a spare drive just to see if it would work ( already read that most hard drive will make unit restart every 10-15 minutes) however I just wanted to see if it would run okay within that time frame. After plugging a hard drive in, the screen went black (has the backlight on but a black picture), and is stuck in the open position. I tried hitting the eject button to make it close and even the disc eject nothing happens. I held the reset button in, nothing happens. I then even tried un plugging the power from the back of the radio for a few minutes and still just stuck at a black screen. 

Anyone have any idea on how to get out of this? I know the radio will work without the hard drive but now its just stuck at a black screen with no radio.