AVIC411.com

Hi guys, first post on this forum and really hoping you can help!

I have just bought the DA-110 and installed it in my car no problem. It's working with my iPhone 5 well, no issues.

I am, however, having issues with using my 80Gb iPod Classic or my 4Gen iPod touch.

When I want to connect my ipod, I disconnect the iPhone 5, lightning cable AND bluetooth. I turn source OFF at the head unit then change Connection Mode to "others"

I then connect my iPod to the usb port that my iPhone was plugged into. (This is the additional cable, CD-IH202 i think the part number is - anyway, it's the multi-pin cable that goes into the back of the head unit and was included with the head unit. NOT just a normal USB connection)

​The iPod icon on the head unit then becomes available. When I press it, I can control the iPods, see the menus and album artwork and skip tracks/albums etc no problem. However - there is NO sound.

This is the case with my iPod classic and my iPod touch. Both work on my 30 pin dock in my house. Both work with headphones. I have changed the 30 pin cable twice - same issue.

​Do you guys have any ideas at all? The radio works and audio from the iPhone works. Just not from my iPods.

The head unit has firmware 8.05. I updated it using a blank memory stick, formatted to FAT32.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

It's not broken or anything it's a con.

You need to buy the 2 part cable 30pin with USB in the middle wire. Buy from china on eBay for about $20 , that's what I did.

Also I run ( well I did ) a 160gb classic on my radio and tried to then connect iPhone 5 too and oh boy is it a nightmare. I'd recommend just throwing a few songs on your phone like me because you will get frustrated very quickly dicking about tring to swap from one device to another.