AVIC411.com

F950DAB - radio text (UK/EU Version or Equivalent)

OK Guys, I've recently purchased and installed the above HU. I'm puzzled as to why I am unable to see any radio text on the main screen even though it is being broadcast, all that's displayed is a line of hyphens -----. If I hit the radio text icon I'm taken to the radio text screen and the text is displayed? I know this line is actually called DLS (Dynamic Label Segment) but is the same as radio text broadcast on FM RDS. If I switch to a standard FM channel I get the radio text on the main screen? I though DAB was a step ahead. On standard DAB radios you get the scrolling text along the screen but not with the Pioneer unit? Not only that but having to hit extra buttons when driving to see the radio text screen is obviously a distraction. I have already talked with a UK pioneer representative about this but basically he couldn't answer why this function was omitted? Not only that but I notice that the pioneer doesn't scroll the text instead it is in blocks of text. I have a single din Kenwood in my other car and I have no problems displaying the text and it scrolls, not only that I can adjust the menu to dictate which line shows what info on it's 5 line display? Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? Oh, and don't say I should have bought another Kenwood because if I knew I was going to have problems with the pioneer I probably would have

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys, someone out there must have the same or similar Head Unit and must be suffering from the same problems? Even if you aren't suffering with the missing text can you at least post and say wether you are getting the text or not and at least then I can narrow things down