AVIC411.com

App radio 3 , colored static speckle screen when cold

Hi , I bought this app radio 3 like 2 months ago and to be fair its appalling.

Any iPhone notification shuts the thing down while in use leaving you to drive and turn back on the music app. Today the iPhone pioneer app updated while in use and screwed up the radio leaving it is some sort of loony loop and turning the ignition off would sort ( not a good thing when your on the freeway ). Non of the on screen icons would respond displaying the finger cross even on the non iPhone application screen.

Now my latest loony fault.

When the radio is cold and any tiny road bump now makes the screen go fuzzy like TV static for 2-3 seconds and then cuts out the audio !!!

I've tugged on my wiring from iPhone to radio and this seems not to have any effects just only when the radio takes a jolt.

I really do think this radio setup is still in the beta stages.

I've found it looks like a HDMI issue at the apple Lightning AV adapter. The HDMI is firmly inerted into the apple adapter but any light touch on the HDMI connector ( not the cable ) starts it to speckle.

I will test my apple adapter on my home tv to see if that's at fault.

It could be down to the supplied HDMI from pioneer, so maybe an easy fix by replacing the wire.

Right I have found the fault

The apple lightning adapter or apple iPhone is at fault.

I've tried the adapter tonight via HDMI on my TV and the screen speckles every second on small bands around the bottom of the screen. This is happening either touching the phone or not, wiggling the HDMI wire has no effect attached to the TV however it happens when attached to the radio.