AVIC411.com

Problems re-connecting to AppRadio app

Hi,

I have an AppRadio 2 with an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.0.4 The iPhone is connected as an exclusive iPod type device and lives in the central cubby (armrest) of my car so is basically inaccessible without twisting around and digging it out. I wanted the iPhone to connect then never have to look at it again.

The phone side of the AppRadio is connected to my Samsung S4 mini which deals capably with the phone functions. (can't connect the S4 mini directly as it has no MHL out)

Anyway, in normal use the iPhone works ok but if I should decide to stop the vehicle and turn off the ignition but leaving it at position one to allow the AppRadio to still function everything is fine until I restart the car... the AppRadio shuts down and restarts but the iPhone stays with the AppRadio app still open. When the radio comes to life the iPod and Apps icons are greyed out and there is no connection to the iPhone.

To get it working I have to switch off the radio, dig out the iPhone and close the app then restart the radio.. all then works again but this procedure is tedious.

Is there anyway to get the AppRadio app to close when it sees no connection? My iPhone is Jailbroken but I can't seem to find an app on Cydia that will close the app when the radio goes off.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issues when answering or making a call, the iPhone needs playing with to get rid of the annoying swipe screen again which is the opposite of hands free it claims to be.

The ONLY thing I've found to work better but no means perfect , I bought stezza as it's easier to operate while driving over pioneers own app. I've found by using that I can leave the phone attached to the car , go shopping etc...... And fire the car back up and all is well back to normal.

I put the keys in and press OK lark , then stezza comes on but can't be used as the finger and cross appears , then after say 30/45 seconds screen then can be accessed by head unit.