AVIC411.com

About to buy AppRadio 3 but a few questions first

First post and hello.

I am thinking about buying an Appradio 3

I would like to use my Samsung Galaxy 4 and Ipod Classic Gen5 (30gb) with it

First the Ipod.  Do I have to buy the CD-IU201N cable or can I just get one of these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Car-Aux-Audio-Data-Charger-Cable-Lead-Connector-for-Apple-iPod-iPhone-UK-/350911948413?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Cables_Adapters&hash=item51b3fb667d.  I assume I cant just use the 30pin to USB cable?

Second the phone.  Whats the best way to connect the phone, according to the Installation manual for MirrorLinking I just need the Standard Micro USB to USB cable, is that correct or do I need MHL adaptor.

I have read that a lot of people Root their phone, do I need to do this, I will want to use the phone for Sat Nav duties?

Many thanks 

I am not very familiar with the ins and outs of MirrorLink so sorry can't help you here. As far as your iPod you probably have to buy the cable. On the one hand your iPod won't be running any apps, so in theory the data from the USB port should be all your iPod needs but standard the Pioneer expects that cable to be connected. I have an iPhone 5s, but if I plug just the usb cable in and switch it to android mode I can simulate your interface. I will let you know if your idea would work since all you want is music from your ipod to play.