AVIC411.com

Z150 IPOD and IPhones No Music Sound

ok....just installed my AVIC Z150 in my truck. I have a regular 80 GB Ipod that I use for my music and I also have an Iphone 5s. So I bought the Pioneer CD-IH202 kit thinking that I can use my regular Ipod or the Iphone 5 with this setup. I have not purchased the 2 additional Apple adaptors yet. The kit came with a HDMI cable and a cable that plugs directly into the back of the AVIC to a female USB plug. When I plug my IPOD or any IPhone into the plug, I don't get any sound. The device connects and charges, and the sound comes on the scren and starts to play but no sound comes out. Is my Pioneer kit only for an Iphone 5 if I use the HDMI plug and the 2 Apple devices rendering that USB useless that plugs into the back of the AVIC useless on any other device? I would like to plug any device in my AVIC and have it work. Is that not possible?

Your Pioneer kit didn't come with a cable that had a square plug as shown in the picture? I'm pretty sure that cable needs to be plugged into the back of the unit. It looks like the HDMI cable plugs into that. Make sure your head unit has the firmware update for your iPhone 5. I'd look into the adapters that the link to the Apple site may be referring to. A Lightning to 30 pin adapter, perhaps?

The USB connector on the back of the head unit is for charging only. It's used in conjunction with the Android kit, which is basically a HDMI to MHL adapter. I used the IU201 cable for my iPod.

yeah my Pioneer kit did come with a square plug and it's plugged into the back of my AVIC. That is the plug that I am using when I try to hook up my IPhone or Iphone 5s. It recognizes the device, acts like it's playing the music but no sound. I have not tried the HDMI yet because I don't have the Apple adaptors that it says that I need. Not too concerned about hooking my Iphone5 up the AVIC on a normal basis, but I want my IPOD hooked up all the time and would like the plugs to be interchangable between the two devices.

I was looking at the CD-iU201N plug. It looks similiar to the plug that came with my kit except it has two wires going from the plug to the 30pin apple plug. Mine only has one wire. Wondering if that is the problem and I need that plug since I am not using the HDMI cable. I have the Pioneer AVH 4400 in another one of my vehicles and it also has two wires going to the Apple 30 pin.

yeah my Pioneer kit did come with a square plug and it's plugged into the back of my AVIC. That is the plug that I am using when I try to hook up my IPhone or Iphone 5s. It recognizes the device, acts like it's playing the music but no sound. I have not tried the HDMI yet because I don't have the Apple adaptors that it says that I need. Not too concerned about hooking my Iphone5 up the AVIC on a normal basis, but I want my IPOD hooked up all the time and would like the plugs to be interchangable between the two devices.

I was looking at the CD-iU201N plug. It looks similiar to the plug that came with my kit except it has two wires going from the plug to the 30pin apple plug. Mine only has one wire. Wondering if that is the problem and I need that plug since I am not using the HDMI cable. I have the Pioneer AVH 4400 in another one of my vehicles and it also has two wires going to the Apple 30 pin.

The 201 kit is what I used to hook up my iPod in my Z150. It does have an extra cable which I'm pretty sure is for audio. There's a USB break in the cable which you may be able to use to hook up the iPhone.