AVIC411.com

Using POIs (SpeedCams) with Avic-F920BT

Hi guys!

Only recently purchased a Smart Car ICE Edition that has the Pioneer Avic-F920BT installed as standard. (Hopefully will save a bit of fuel and can save my S3 for weekends :P)

Have updated to the latest V5 Firmware and having issues with getting speed cameras on to the unit. Tried reading the manual but no help. With Pioneer you get a free year of speed camera updates so took advantage of this and released it uses POIbase.

So my problem is:

Insert the SD card into my computer and manulally select F920BT. Select the SpeedCams I want for the UK and it downloads them to the Micro SD. 

For reference on the blank card I now have:

PC (Folder)

POIbase.ini

Inside the PC Folder I have:

BLACKSPOT (Folder)

Inside this I have:

ADDON.CTL

ORBIS.DAT

VER.DAT

Now I eject this card from my PC and plug into the F920BT and nothing happens. 

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to use the PC Application?

Many thanks,

Tim

I've got an F30BT and from what I remember of this (I've binned POI in favour of CamerAlert on my phone which connects to the satnav over blootooth for the camera warnings and is lightyears ahead) use the POI application on your PC to select and download the required cameras to your SD card, subsequent downloads are done as updates in the application.  Insert SD card in to unit whilst it's on and it should automatically detect the card and ask if you wish to upload the blackspot files... But I think you may need to have initially installed them as custom POIs for the updates to be detected.