AVIC411.com

VIDEO QUALITY ON N3 SUCKSS---FIXED IT!!

wats goin on guys....noob here to the site..i just installed n3...everything is good soo far funcionality wise. N3 replaced my old pioneer avh p5700

The video quality on the avh IS FARRR superior to that of the n3 and the n3 doesnt even play some of the dvd's that the avh played. I notice the quality being that much different... IS there something im doing wrong?...does the N3 prefer certain dvd's? is there a way to tweak it ...HELP!

um,

DVD Digital Versatile Disc (formerly Digital Video Disc)

meaning its digital, meaning you cant uh tune in the dvd like you would an old tv station, or radio station. Assuming your playing dvd's that is a standard quality meaning unless its a "converted to dvd" it is what it is. a dvd. but to answer the question, you are probably doing something wrong.

I agree with XM. All originals should play perfectly with no quality degradation. Unless, they are so scratched up they cant be read properly. Your old dvds probably werent converted properly to DVD format. I had some discs like that which would play on dvd players but not in my Z1. Then i found out how to convert properly and havent had a problem since.

yeah, I have to agree. The quality on my N1 is parallel to pretty much every DVD player I've owned. My properly burned backups work well too, but I get an error reading the crappy copies. It doesn't make sense that there would be any difference between the AVIC and your old unit, considering they're not very different. The AVH is often preferred by the people who sell it, but thats only because the markup is often higher. I worked at Future Shop (bestbuy, but Canadian), and I saw them both side by side... Didn't notice any difference.

Nor should their be one. You know you might just have some finger prints on your screen lol.

Hold down the WIDE button on the faceplate. Gotta have the parking brake on or have it bypassed

hmmm...dimmer up??...how do u do that on on the n3...i loooked for that everywhere...god im a noob..thanks for the reply guys. ill have to figure out a better burning method....im using nero vision..what do u guys use?

OHH ur hte man ghst.....the dimmer was ALL the way down i put it to the middle and made SUCHHHH a difference.....thaanks man. I also found out why some of my dvds were being wierd...apparentyl this unit doesnt like +r dvd's i tried the -r's and they worked out great..... thanks everyone for ur help.....peace