AVIC411.com

bypass problems, please help

alright guys here's my dealio.

i have a april 2006 refurbished z1 so it should have the bluetooth update right? ya.

okay so i did the bypass where you take the wire from connector 2 (aux harness) and the parking brake wire and ground them.

it works for about 20 mins then i get a parking brake error.

reset the unit, works for another 20 mins and another parking brake message.

any ideas guys?

oh ya my car is a chevy avalanche 2005 z71.

i also have no illumination wire.

thanks

alright guys here's my dealio.

i have a april 2006 refurbished z1 so it should have the bluetooth update right? ya.

It's not necessarily the case, it's possible, but not an absolute.

okay so i did the bypass where you take the wire from connector 2 (aux harness) and the parking brake wire and ground them.

it works for about 20 mins then i get a parking brake error.

reset the unit, works for another 20 mins and another parking brake message.

any ideas guys?

There are 2 possibilities.

1. Either you didn't ground the second wire from connector 2 (I call it wire #2 on my site) http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html I know you said you did, but you can check that wire, what you are experiencing is what happens when that wire is not properly grounded. And that happens more than most people thing, generally they don't stick the terminal in the connector correctly or all the way or whatever. It's grounded on the wire end but there is something off with the connector end.

or what I think is more possible:

2. They didn't do the update and you need to do the bluetooth update.

oh ya my car is a chevy avalanche 2005 z71.

i also have no illumination wire.

thanks

That shouldn't matter but it makes it hard to test the old method.

What I might do now is try getting (calling pioneer or downloading and burning) the bluetooth update cd and sticking it into the Z1 and seeing if it reports that it's already installed... if not it will install.

Then, because of the current pop up message about the parking brake, you need to reset the unit with the recessed button to the right of the eject button, that will make the message go away and stop it possibly interfering with the bypass if it's done right.

okay so i downloaded the update and put it on a cd and nervously put it into my deck (after reading the horror of ductiboy) and it updated great and i reset the unit, i just have no idea or not if the bypass works yet. i'll have to drive my car around to find out. i'll keep u posted